Spine Toolbox is an open source software to manage data, scenarios and workflows for modelling and simulation (Documentation). You can have your local workflow, but work as a team through version control and SQL databases.
SpineOpt is a Julia-based open source energy system modelling framework capable of planning and scheduling energy and power systems with high level of temporal, spatial and technological adaptability (Documentation).
1. Maintain repeatable workflows to supply data to different modelling tools
2. Tools to transform data, data structures, and data formats
3. Create scenarios from alternative values and parallelize the execution
4. Include operational detail in investment planning
5. Highly flexible temporal and stochastic structures
6. Detailed modelling of different energy vectors including power flows, heat transfers, gas pipelines, river systems as well as energy conversion units
Modelling workflow packages include
Energy system modelling packages include
Spine modelling tools completed in September
Open demonstration webinars were held Sep 7-10, 2021.
Two new conference presentation. Read more...
Project meeting in Espoo, Feb 2020. Read more...
New conference presentation. Read more...
Spine Toolbox’s User Guide. Read more...
Spine Newsletter 1/2019. Read more...
New deliverables added. Read more...
Spine Toolbox 0.2 has been released.
|Spine project (2017-2021), that has developed the original versions of all the software, has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement Nr. 774629.|